Monday, April 4, 2011

11 Months Old!

Today is April 4th, which means Landon is officially 11 months old! I think it is absolutely insane that he is almost one!

Landon weighs 20.2 lbs now. He is trying to stand up on his own. He hasn't quite gotten that down yet... he has to hold on to something to help him stand up. He is walking up to 5 steps on his own. He is into everything. He loves to climb on anything he can. He climbs on his toys, both big and small. Landon recently decided he loved his new tractor and trailer that Jen-Jen and Uncle T got him for Christmas. He pushes it around all the time, and he can even push the buttons on the top to make the lights go on and make it "run." Landon also makes a noise with his mouth to make the tractor go. :) 

If I'm not mistaken, he has about 4 teeth coming in right now. That might explain why he isn't sleeping as well at night anymore. He has two teeth on the bottom, and has for a while now. I'm not real sure why it's taking so long for his other teeth to come through, but it seems as if they may all come in at once.

Landon made me laugh so hard, yet scared me to death Sunday morning. TJ had gone turkey hunting so Landon and I were getting ready to go to church. I got him ready to go and had to get myself ready. I left Landon playing with his tractor in the kitchen while I went to comb out my hair from being in the shower, and to clean my face. I walked to the bathroom, ran a comb through my hair, and realized Landon had gotten extremely quiet. Maybe it's just the school teacher in me, but I know with certain kids, it's not good when they get quiet like that. Landon is definitely one of those kids. He is always loud, whether he is laughing, talking, or making some kind of noise. I had been in the bathroom for literally less than 2 minutes. I walked back to the kitchen to check on him and he was no where to be found. I called his name hoping he was hiding under the table or somewhere I just hadn't seen him yet. There was no answer. Suddenly, I heard music coming from one of his toys... UPSTAIRS! I ran up the stairs and there he was, sitting in his playroom playing with his toys. I busted out laughing because he looked at me like "Hey mommy! Look what I did!!" but it scared me to death because I knew how bad it could have been. What if he had decided to come back down the stairs? Or what if he had decided half way up the steps that he wanted to come back down? Or even what if he HADN'T been successful in climbing the stairs? Needless to say after church that day, we went to Wal-Mart to purchase a gate!

While at Wal-Mart, we bought Landon a wagon. He needed something to ride in when we were outside besides a stroller. It is a whole lot easier to pull that wagon through the yard than it is to push a stroller around. He LOVES his wagon! He loves being outside. He is such a happy baby.

Loving his wagon!

Checking out the straps.

We also just got him his first rocking chair. It is adorable!! Mags & Lulu out of Jackson, TN hand painted it and it is awesome! He loves it! Mags & Lulu have a Facebook page too. You should definitely check it out. They have so many cute things!
Some things Landon is doing at 11 months:
*He is taking steps, up to 5 at a time.
*He is saying "mama," "dada" and "dadeee," bye bye," and he still says things that sound like "Toto," "Jen-Jen," and "hey there." He has also started saying something that sounds a lot like "thank you." Not saying that he is actually saying all of those things, but that's what they sound like.
*Landon can feed himself Graduate Puffs. You can put them in your hand or on his high chair tray and he will pick them up and eat them. He is using his left hand most of the time too. For athletic purposes, TJ would like for him to be left handed. I honestly don't care which hand he uses. I'm just proud of what he has accomplished!
*Landon waves bye bye now too. He doesn't always do it when you want him to, but he can do it. I can't imagine where he gets his stubborn side from... :)
*He loves music and he loves to "sing" in church!
*He takes about 20-25 oz of formula a day.
*Here is what Landon eats every day:
Breakfast: 8-10 tablespoons of oatmeal and a fruit
Lunch- a vegebtable and fruit
Afternoon snack- usually juice or water and some crackers (either Goldfish, Saltines, or Graduate Puffs).
Supper- a vegetable and a fruit
Before bed- 8-10 tablespoons of oatmeal and a fruit
He takes a bottle usually sometime after he wakes up, between lunch and supper, and before bed. He takes 6 oz at a time (not sure why he never got past the 6 oz but that's ok... he'd much rather have other food), plus about 3-4 oz each time he has oatmeal.
(I also have some cute videos of Landon from the past month that I want to upload too. I will try and do that in the next few days).

He is growing like a weed!! So, this past weekend I went shopping and bought my little man some new clothes. Let me go ahead and say that 1. We don't own any clothes that are smocked, nothing that you wear knee socks with, etc. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that kind of stuff, it's just not our taste.  And 2. I don't buy Landon really expensive clothes. Why? Because he grows so fast he barely has time to wear everything he's got once. I just hate to spend a lot of money on clothes at this age because he won't get to wear them enough. I like to feel like we all get our money's worth out of the clothes we have. Once he gets older and can wear a certain size for a longer period of time, I may splurge every now and then and buy him a nicer outfit. But for now, we are really careful about how much money we spend on his clothes. While shopping this weekend I went to the WeeBritches consignment sale at the fairgrounds here in D'burg. I found so many great deals, and such great clothes for Landon! I also went to Marshall's and he got several little Polo shirts, also for a great price.

We really enjoyed this beautiful weekend together. We were able to play outside and get some things done both inside the house as well as outside! Looking forward to warm, sunny weather again soon!

On a side note, please continue to pray for the two families I mentioned in an earlier blog. The little girl I spoke of is a little miracle baby and her family is certain it is because of all of the prayers everyone has lifted up for them. Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment