For those of you that read this that I haven't talked to in a pretty good while, let me give you a quick (well, as quick as it can be) summary over the past couple of years and catch you up! TJ & I started dating in March 2005, got engaged on New Year's Eve 2007, and married on October 18, 2008. We weren't sure where we were going to live, but after lots of prayers, we were both offered jobs in Dyersburg so decided that was where we were meant to be! We bought a house and moved here. I teach 1st grade at an elementary school here and TJ is a purchasing agent at AMTECK. We missed (and still do miss) our friends and family in Jackson but luckily we also have great family and friends here in Dyersburg. I honestly could not imagine a better group of people to raise our kids with... once our friends here decide they want to have kids! No, seriously though, Landon loves all of his adopted "aunts" and "uncles."
TJ & I learned we were going to have a baby on September 12th, 2009. At first we were completely shocked because we had discussed having a baby, but we weren't actually trying, but then again we weren't actually trying to prevent it either (TMI? Sorry, it's the truth! And by the way, I apologize in advance if anything else is TMI for you. Once you have a baby, modesty in this aspect kinda just goes out the window!) Anyway, we had a dr's appt in September here in Dyersburg where we heard the heart beat and immediately were elated with our news!! (P.S. that was the last baby doctor appointment I had in D'burg... I moved to The Women's Clinic in Jackson and LOVED them). I had a wonderful pregnancy... no morning sickness, and was only nauseous when I got really hungry. I didn't have any blood pressure problems, no gestational diabetes, etc. I was extrememly lucky! I craved fruit, like strawberries, apples, grapes, peaches, and oranges, and also pizza!
Skipping ahead to the birth of our child, TJ & I were supposed to go to our 39 week appointment on Tuesday, May 4th. On Monday, May 3rd, my dad was extremely concerned that with all of the floodwater in Dyersburg at that time (I'm sure you all remember that!), that I wouldn't be able to get to Jackson for my doctor's appt. His concern came from the fact that at 38 weeks I was dilated 3 cm and 90%. I called The Women's Clinic and explained the situation. They got me an appointment for that afternoon and TJ & I took off! We were on 412, and literally just as we drove by the flood water, the State Troopers were getting out of their cars to put up the 'road closed' signs. We were so glad we had decided to go on to Jackson! I got to the doctor's office, where I saw the midwife because she was the only one that had an appointment open in such short notice. She did her thing, and went ahead and sent us to the hospital to "walk for about an hour." She explained that they would check me again when I got there and if I had made more progress they would put me in. I was elated to go to the hospital for two reasons... #1. My good friend Tara was working (she's a L&D nurse at JMCGH), and #2. Dr. Roy was on call... YAY!!!! Dr. Roy told me I was already at 4 cm so they were going to go ahead and start my pitocin. We went ahead and called/texted everyone and told them what was going on. My parents and our friends & family that came from Dyersburg had to drive through Trenton to get to Jackson because 412 was closed... it took them forever but they, and everyone else, finally got to the hospital. After getting there about 4-4:30pm, I was finally ready to push at around 10:00pm. And FYI, the epidural was my best friend!! I made no progress in an hour and a half (Landon was "sunny side up," aka face up instead of face down), so I made the decision to have a c-section at 11:30pm. FINALLY at 12:34am I heard him cry! TJ & I both had tears in our eyes as we realized that our little man was finally here! Landon weighed 6lbs, 5 oz and was 19.5 inches long. Our lives forever changed that day and we are so thankful for our precious baby boy!
Right after Landon was born
In the hospital room
Landon & daddy
Ok... now I will skip ahead to Feb. 2011...
As of February 4th, Landon is 9 months old....WOW!! In just three short months, we will have a one year old. This makes me very happy, yet very sad at the same time. I can't believe he has already been with us for nine months. It literally seems like it's only been a few months since we brought him home from the hospital. He truly is the best thing that has ever happened to us! Here is a pic of Landon at 9 months old....We went to the doctor for his nine month check-up on Thursday, February 10th. Landon weighed 19 lbs, 7 oz. and was 28.5 inches long! The nurse showed us where he was on the growth chart and he shot up in height BIG TIME!! I can't imagine where he gets that from...
We were also given the "ok" to begin giving him table foods, like peas, beans, carrots, potatoes, etc. Dr. Blake told us if we could easily mash the food with our fingers, Landon would be able to eat it. I have been told by many that this would make things much easier so we shall see!
Landon has two bottom teeth right now, and must be working on a third because he literally chews on everything! Granted, he always has something in his mouth to chew on, but the chewing has been a different kind of chewing, gnawing, etc. than it normally is... this may sound crazy but I promise it's true! Dr. Blake told us how we needed to be cleaning his teeth so we have been doing that a couple of times each day.
Some things Landon is saying/doing:
*He says "mamamamama" and "dadadadada" and recently started saying "mmmmmmbaaaaa" although we aren't quite sure what that means....
*He claps his hands and plays peek-a-boo and patty cake.
*He crawls EVERYWHERE, and when he gets going, he means business. I hope the speed of his crawling isn't a sign as to how his driving will be one day...
*Landon and Abby (our dog... also known as Toto), play so well together. He loves chasing her around the island in our kitchen... and around the coffee table... and the kitchen table... basically anywhere she wants to go, he wants to follow her.
*He LOVES to look out the window and watch outside. We raise up the blinds and he will stand at the window and watch outside forever!
*He pulls up on everything... the coffee table, my legs, the chairs, my purse hanging on a chair, the list goes on and on. He is "cruising" too. He will stand alone for 15-20 seconds at a time. Won't be long before he starts taking steps!
*He LOVES all of his food... seriously. He likes everything that we've given him, even peaches and bananas, but those didn't agree with him. He likes cheerios, crackers, baby mum-mums, and his Graduate puffs.
I promise I will try to make my next post a lot shorter than this one!! Thanks to all of you for taking the time to read this and keep up with our lives. I will do my best to keep this blog updated like I should. :)
Awesome! Good luck with the blog! I've been trying for years and just can't seem to keep it up...not that my ramblings are anywhere NEAR as fun as yours!
ReplyDeleteHappy blogging! :-)